Welcome to the Begin/End blog. Use this blog to look behind the scenes as this brand new contemporary play is created. Then go see Begin/End and let us know what you think. If you want to find out where Begin/End is on and how to buy tickets visit the Half Moon web page

About Me

London, Limehouse, E1, United Kingdom
We are an East London based theatre venue producing and presenting great theatre for and with young people

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Work experience student Eva shares her thoughts from the rehearsal room


I'm Eva and I'm here at Half Moon on work experience, I have been sitting in on quite a lot of the rehearsals for Begin/End.

For as long as I can remember I have been coming to Half Moon and always enjoy seeing the plays but I never realised just how much work goes into them. I was lucky enough to sit in on the read through and see everyone's ideas for the making of the play.
The actors have to really get to know their characters family's and home lives etc. They also had to talk about what the play was really about and they did this in an exercise in which everyone had to write down as many words as they could that they thought were related to the play. These words were then spread across the floor and then put into an order of what words were important, the most important being love. I never realised that so much thought went into the planning of the play and I am really enjoying watching the play changing and improving, though it will be really weird to watch when it is finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment